Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Great Experience - MINImized at the end

Here's a "great" motoring story (as solicited by Seattle MINI):

The service experience in question dramatically accelerated my decision to sell the car. I have greatly enjoyed the car over the past three years, but the evidence was mounting that this car would be unreliable and expensive to own once the warranty expired. The product design and marketing are fabulous - the execution needs work.

My sense of trust was shattered yesterday when I was told by an agent of the store that they'd like to buy my MINI, but would hope to get it in their hands prior to warranty expiration to address "an issue" with leaking valve covers that they suspect my car has. Now, I had just received service and nothing was said about this issue. Was I to discover this after my warranty expired? This is not the experience that builds trusting customers. You really, really blew it here.

No comments: